The Austrian Students Union (ÖH) offers all students that encounter unforeseen financial emergencies the opportunity to receive a subsidy in form of a one-off payment once every 12 months. Emergencies could be caused by: the sudden increase of rent, expenses incurred for your studies, the need to provide for children, a one-off payment for a medical procedure or other, similar emergencies that where caused by some accident.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR SOCIAL FUNDS?
To be eligible to funding, the applicant:
- must live in social deprivation as defined by the guidelines,
- should not live in the same household as his/her parent(s),
- do not receives the federal student grand,
- must prove an appropriate academic success in his /her studies (16 ECTS or 8 semester hours in last two semesters),
- cooperation with the local ÖH must exist
- not exceeded the double of minimum duration of study (for exemple: bachelor minimus duration of study are 6 semester – you can apply until the 12th semester) and
- must study regular (exception VWU).
HOW IS SOCIAL FUNDS MADE UP?
The social funds are financed by the federal delegation of ÖH, the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (bmbwf) and the local delegation of ÖH at your personal academic institution by a third respectively.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR SOCIAL FUNDS?
To apply fill out the application form and attach a copy of all the required documents. Please complete this form carefully as incorrect or incomplete requests must be rejected.
You can turn the form in per e- mail or mail. If you apply per e-mail, please send you document as one PDF. You can find mail and email address on the social funds form.
ADDRESS:Sozialfonds der ÖH-Bundesvertretung Taubstummengasse 7-9/4. Stock 1040 Wien E-MAIL: email@example.com PHONE: +43/1/310 88 80 -44 +43/1/310 88 80 -45