Since 2015 the JKU Linz is part of the UNIKO MORE initiative that supports refugee students who are enrolled in the university preparation program (MOREclassic) as well as in a regular study program (Borealis-MORE-Scholarship).
The MOREclassic program is for refugees who have been admitted to a degree program at the JKU but are required to take and pass supplementary examinations (German, Mathematics, History) as part of a university preparation program.
Taking part in the MOREclassic program means:
- Academic advising services and a contact person at the JKU
- Receiving a scholarship to pay for tuition fees during the pre-study program (or when enrolled as a non-degree seeking student)
- Reducing the course fees in the university preparation program by 5% (asylum-seekers, those with subsidiary protection status) and or 15% (those with asylum status)
- Receiving a travel allowance
- Taking part in regularly scheduled information meetings and get-togethers to meet others and exchange information
For more information click here.
The Borealis-MORE Scholarship is aimed at students with a refugee background who have been admitted to study at JKU. The aim of the scholarship program is to bridge the period in studies for students with a refugee background where they are excluded from other financial support. At the beginning of the semester a Learning Agreement is signed between the scholarship recipient and university in which students agree to complete a designated amount of academic work
For more information click here