The ÖH JKU Social Fund is a fund, that helps students of the JKU Linz in special social and financial needs. The Social Fund is a voluntary grant from the ÖH JKU Linz, so there is no legal entitlement to this support.
Who can apply?
In general, every student at the JKU can apply for the support from the ÖH JKU Social Fund from the second semester onwards, provided that the applicant’s studies are at risk due to their current financial situation. Support from the ÖH JKU Social Fund can be granted three times during the entire study period.
What are the requirements?
To get support from the ÖH JKU Social Fund, one must be in social need in sense of the Social Fund Guidelines of the ÖH JKU Linz and in addition must prove a serious and determined course of study.
A serious and determined course of study is fulfilled if the following ECTS points or semester hours per week can be presented:
For ordinary students
- in the second semester: at least 8 ECTS points or 4 SWSt. per semester
- from the 2nd semester: at least 16 ECTS points or 8 SWSt. per academic year
For extraordinary students
- in the second semester: at least 6 ECTS points or 3 SWSt. per semester
- from the 2nd semester: at least 12 ECTS points or 6 SWSt. per academic year
- Winter semester: October 10th to December 15th
- Summer semester: March 10th to May 15th
Also, the Social Fund Guidelines have been eased and the budget has been increased due to the corona crisis!
You can apply for support from the ÖH JKU Social Fund once per semester. Due to the current situation, the application form is available online and can be found here. Please fill out the application form and send all necessary documents per email to the social department!